Click the link below to access the Z-Fest team status page (login with the username and password assigned to you when you signed up):
All of the latest updates and news for Z-Fest teams will be posted here:
Here are some helpful tutorial videos and other online resources that you can use for reference:
- 2017 Kick-Off Presentation PDF
- How To Add Sponsor Logos To Your Film
- Z-Fest Turn-In Tutorial: Aspect Ratios, Codecs, Etc.
- How to Use the Status Page (from 2014, but still relevant)
- How to Export in Avid DNxHD (applies to DNxHR also) for Windows
- How to Set Audio Levels Before You Export Your Film
- How to Export Your Film For Turn In and Check the Properties
- How to Export Your Film using GoPro Cineform if you are having trouble with Avid DNxHR
Here are all of the guidelines and resources you need to know:
- Overview – What is Z-Fest? General overview of the festival.
- Important Dates Deadlines for teams, screening dates, etc.
- Z-Fest Rules The principal rules of Z-Fest.
- Film Content Guidelines Guidelines for what is and is not acceptable content for your film.
- Control Element This year’s control element.
- Instructions for Licensing of Third-Party Music If you are using music which is licensed online or public domain, you must read this. If you fail to turn in the proper license, you can be disqualified.
- Requirements for Film Turn-In Details about acceptable formats and requirements for film turn-in.
- Other Required Information and Content Information about submitting your two-sentence description, team name and film title guidelines, genre and production stills.
- Category Nominations – How-To Guide How to nominate your film and team for individual and category awards (e.g. best actor, best cinematography, best wtf moment, etc.).
- Editor Info Sheet This is a checklist you can give to your editor to make sure everything is good to go for turn-in
You will need to fill out these forms by the time you turn your film in: